Lemon water is a refreshing drink, and its popularity has increased in recent years for many health benefits. we are made lemon water by adding fresh lemon juice to the water. You can drink hot or cold lemon water as you wish. Today, we look at the top 6 benefits of drinking lemon water.
What is the benefits of lemon in water?
Drinking lemon water has numerous health benefits, including:
- Hydration: We all know drinking enough water is essential for good health and adding lemon to your water can make it more refreshing & healthy. Drinking lemon water on morning is a great way to start your day.
- Aids in digestion: Lemon water can stimulate digestion and encourage regular bowel movements. The lemons can help increase the production of digestive juices. It will help good digestion and absorption of nutrients. Drinking lemon water first thing in the morning helps jumpstart your digestive system and promote healthy bowel movements.
- Boosts immunity: The vitamin C is essential for improving immune function and Lemons are an excellent source of vitamin C. So, drink every morning lemon water can help you meet your daily vitamin C requirements. This habit will help keep your immune system strong. We know strong immune system can protect ourselves from illness and disease.
- Anti-inflammatory: Lemon has anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce inflammation in the body, especially in the intestines and liver.
- Balances pH Levels: Lemons are naturally alkaline and help balance the body’s pH levels, which can prevent illness and disease.
- weight loss: Drinking lemon water may help with weight loss by promoting feelings of fullness and reducing calorie intake. The pectin fiber found in lemons can help you feel full, decreasing overall calorie consumption.
- Skin care: Vitamin C has found in the lemon and vitamin C is an antioxidant. It will protect our skin from from free radicals. Vitamin C is also essential for collagen production for healthy skin.
- Healthy liver function: Lemon helps cleanse and detoxify the liver, improving its overall function.
- Supports respiratory health: Lemon has antibacterial and antiviral properties, making it effective in promoting respiratory health and reducing cough, cold and flu symptoms.
Read this also: How much Drinking water TDS good for health?
How to make lemon water?
Making lemon water is a simple process. Simply squeeze half a lemon into 8 ounces of warm or cold water. You can enhance the flavor and add health benefits by mixing in ingredients like mint, maple syrup or raw honey, ginger, cinnamon or turmeric.
Other fresh produce such as lime, orange or cucumber slices can also be used. Always remember to wash produce thoroughly before slicing. A quick and easy way to keep lemon water on hand is to make lemon ice cubes. Simply freeze lemon juice in an ice cube tray and drop a few cubes into your glass of water as needed. Start your day with a mug of warm lemon water and keep a pitcher of lemon infused water in your fridge to drink throughout the day.
Read this also: What are the benefits of drinking coconut water?
What are side effects of lemon water?
Lemon water is generally considered a healthy drink but it may cause side effects in some people.
Tooth enamel erosion: Lemon is highly acidic. Drinking lemon water regularly long time can erode tooth enamel. It may increase the risk of dental cavities and tooth sensitivity.
Digestive issues: Some people may experience digestive problems such as acidity, heartburn, or stomach pain after drinking lemon water.
It is an optional case & these symptoms are seen only by a few people.