RO (Reverse Osmosis) technology’s popularity increased last few years ago for water purification. Firstly this purification system was used for industrial water treatment, but now it is used for home water purification systems. RO can remove 90 – 95% of impurities from the water depending on the feed water quality and quality of the RO membrane.
Pros and Cons of using RO purified water
Pros of RO water Purifier
- RO water purifier purify water without a change of water phase.
- RO water purifier can efficiently remove all types of impurities ( dust particles, bacteria, viruses, colloids and dissolved particles ) from the water.
- RO water purifier working fully automated, don’t need any manual work or don’t need any technical knowledge.
- It enhances the water test; if you use RO purified water to make tea or coffee, you will notice it tastes better.
- RO purifiers can remove the high amount of heavy metals in water, making it safe to drink.
- RO water purifier is perfect for high salinity water.
Cons of RO water Purifier
- RO Purified water can possibly lose vital minerals such as calcium & magnesium because it can remove overall 90 – 95% impurities from the water.
- You need a proper pre-filter system based on your inlet water quality; otherwise, RO membrane is fouled & not work within a few weeks.
- The RO water Purifier wasted 3 liters of water to produce of 1 liter of water during the filtration process. It is not eco-friendly filtration if you do not have a proper recycling system. Some water purifier companies have provided Zero water waste Ro water purifiers. It is good in the point environment, but the purifier’s cost is high compared to others.
- RO water purifier maintenance costs are high with compare to Non-RO water purifiers.